iMac replaced eMac @ Apple Store

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by tech4all, Feb 22, 2005.

1. tech4all macrumors 68040

Jun 13, 2004
    Was at an Apple Store yesturday and in the "kid" section where they have a circular table with eMacs set up with soft large cushion balls as seats for children, they used to have eMacs there. But yesturday they had 17" iMac G5 instead. Think that means anything? Not sure if it does, but just wanted to see what others thought. Has any other Apple Store done this? btw: this was in Valley Fair, Santa Clara, CA.
  2. miloblithe macrumors 68020

Nov 14, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Could be... but I doubt it. If they do discontinue the eMac, I hope they do introduce a 17" widescreen monitor that people could buy with the mini, and a 15" cheapo version of the iMac.
  3. aswitcher macrumors 603

Oct 8, 2003
    Canberra OZ

This would be great IF they also plan to drop the iMac price a tad...which I sort of doubt.

I still think that a LCD/TFT eMac would be a great thing, as well as a new stand alone 17" Apple LCD, but thats a major tweak to the Apple line that I think would be a big big secret until it happened (and Think Secret would have given us a heads up ;) )
  4. carlos700 macrumors regular

Dec 17, 2004
    Omaha NE
    I noticed the same thing in the Fashion Show, Las Vegas Apple Store.
  5. stubeeef macrumors 68030

Aug 10, 2004
    I hope not, I love the eMac, my kids use it and it has had Zero problems, and I was thinking of getting one for my mom to replace her bondiblue orignal iMac.

They have to be profitable, come on!
  6. adamjay macrumors 6502a

Feb 3, 2004
    isn't it ironic how the emac and mac mini are the two products in apple's line that compete against each other the most? yet one is so huge and the other is so small.

one of em is gonna drop from the product line before the year is out, and i'll give you 1 guEss which onE it is ;)
  7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    i was thinking about an eMac for myself eventually, i just hope they keep a version of a cheap all-in-one around
  8. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

Nov 21, 2004
    Washington, D.C.
    I always hated the eMac and thought it was an utter disgrace to the Apple line. Some people like it. I just think it's fugly.

I wouldn't mind if it went away.
  9. adamjay macrumors 6502a

Feb 3, 2004
    it may be fugly in comparison to the rest of the apple line, but compare it to every other 17" CRT thats for sale today... she's a 'beaut!

Apple could totally kill off the emac if they included kb's and mice with the mac mini's and gave us a 15" LCD for $300. now thats a recipe for mass Switchage!
  10. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Jul 17, 2004
    They are very powerful computers for a cheapie home use. If they go away then Apple needs a monitor for use with the Mac Mini (cheap, primarily) so that the Man Mini fills in that hole in the wall-- er, product lineup.