iMAC Resolution

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by dualburn001, Feb 27, 2002.

1. macrumors regular

Hey has anyone played around with photoshop on the imac yet?
    If you guys did was the resolution too small or was it alirght beacuse I heard people complaining if you do photoshop you'll have to squinch.
    I'm in the middle of getting mine and I was just thinking about to get a 19 inch CRT with it or will the 15 inch LCD be fine. Well I'll thank you guys in advance for the help.

Dualburn001

2. thread starter macrumors regular

i know i posted, but it already got of the main page, and I really need to know if to get the 19 inch CRT or not. I'm not trying to be annoying or anything I just need help.

Dualburn001

3. macrumors 68030

mischief

Here's the scoop:

Photoshop generates more pallettes per square inch than most apps save FinalcutPro. Adding a CRT won't get you 2 contiguous screens (extended desktop mode) it'll get you 2 identical screens (mirroring). so adding a CRT just makes for a redundant screen. If you want to do any Apps that are so pallette happy I suggest you get a tower.

4. macrumors 6502a

menoinjun

Well, I don't have the new iMac, but I've used 15" lcds at that res and as long as you don't mind constantly resizing the image, it's usuable. Now, I wouldn't go with anything lower than 17" myself, but that's just me. If you don't mind buying a new monitor, then definitely get the CRT!! Better yet, samsung has some great 17" LCD's for reasonable prices nowadays.

-Pete