Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
Wow. I'm stunned. It looks like a clunky kiosk computer for a museum. I love the company's motto "innovation with style." LOL

andrew050703

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2006
Portsmouth, U.K
max_altitude said:
Eww...

I can't believe it has a parallel port.

my thoughts exactly 'ewww' indeed.

and here was me thinking the point of the imac was that it was thin (& good looking) - guess they've only heard of function & not form...

pretty naff function at that

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
bigandy said:
don't you know, they're the latest thing :rolleyes:

FWIW - My IT guys need serial ports to program security and communications systems. They need the low baud rate that you can get only through a serial port. Serial port to usb adapters do not work for low baud purposes. I laugh at serial ports as well but they do have their place.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
Evidently the computer is controlled by angels :D .

picture1wo8.png

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
It reminds me of the evesham mac mini rip off. They wont sell any so they have developed it at a loss. Idiots.

Allotriophagy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 5, 2006
Seeing products like this always puts me in mind of Coupland's characters describing, in "Microserfs", a Russian yard sale and how decades of communism meant they could never get it right.

I bet in some darkened conference room somewhere, a bunch of suits sat down...

A - "You seen that iMac thing? Very popular!"
B - "Indeed! We should do that! But as a PC!"
C - "We can use dual core chips, integrated graphics, a cool screen..."
B - "And we can do the VESA mount thing too. I know a guy who can get us the specs."
D - "HOLY CRAP, GUYS! HOW ARE WE GOING TO FIT IN A FULL-SIZE CD DRIVE, TWO TYPE-3 PCMCIA SLOTS AND THE PARALLEL PORT???"
A - "Argh!"
B - "Argh!"
C - "Let's just do it anyway! People only care about it being on a stand, right?"

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
dpaanlka said:
Clearly indicated by the magic wand and star-sprinkles.

You sure thats not a starfish with a pencil up its arse, giving birth to baby starfish?

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
stuartluff said:
You sure thats not a starfish with a pencil up its arse, giving birth to baby starfish?

Of course, I am mistaken. That is definitely what it is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.