imac sales down, way down.

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc. Rumors' started by AmbitiousLemon, Jul 1, 2002.

1. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

link

2. billiam0878 macrumors 6502

Maybe they'll have to give people new reasons to buy at MWNY.

Bill

3. wsteineker macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Oh God, I'm looking at my Cube right now. My head is starting to hurt...

4. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

The worst scenary would be a good thing... Apple would have to decrease the price of the computers finally. There are not the fastest but for sure the most expensive in the market.

5. iGav macrumors G3

I totally agree with you........ although something tells me if Apple did have a special price offer on the 15 weeks worth of inventory...... it wouldn't take too long to clear the warehouses......;)

6. crassusad44 macrumors 6502a

Expensive?? Bullsh*t! Build a Dell to compare to the specs of the iMac (including a flat screen, and Superdrive), and you'll find the iMac to be quite competitive!

That said, it would be nice to see the iMac back at the original price point, or maybe even lower...

7. coolocity macrumors regular

I think we've discussed this before. Maybe people are just waiting until after MWNY. I'd hate to buy a computer now and seen something get added, or see a price drop, only a couple months later. That's what happened to my M$ xbox, which might I add is going on e-bay to help me purchase a new mac.:D

8. DavPeanut macrumors 6502

Dont buy until after MWNY. Upgrades everywhere.

9. DrGrip84 macrumors newbie

prices better drop, otherwise there will only be more crap like this

10. drastik macrumors 6502a

drastik

Economy sucks, price is an issue. An evenly matched system is evenly priced, but most people will abandon the flat panel and get less drive space and no DVD-r if they are worried about the money, then its a lot ceaper. Those people are suckers, but its their money.

MWNY will hopefully give us something:rolleyes:

11. elensil macrumors regular

Thats why I'm waiting for eMac upgrades. iMac vs eMac same system (except for the top model), much better price. 512mb in one DIMM >> $1516 (educational price)

12. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

It's all a big mistake. Apple hired Arthur Anderson to count the inventory, and it's just a big mistake. They will be issuing a corrected inventory report tommorrow!

(Note: please take this with the same grain of sarcasm that was used in its composition.)

13. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

If it was Anderson doing the count, they won't be issuing a correction. They've already shredded the documents and currently trying to hide the extra inventory by creating a complex offshore scheme to turn the inventory into fake profits - and huge consulting fees.

You're going to have to wait until the scheme implodes for Anderson to realize that they had a rouge accountant running the show.

14. swahilibill macrumors 6502

I dont know, I guess it is just waiting till after MWNY, I bought mine a month ago, and the guy told me that they were not getting any new ones in, they were clearing their inventory, Hint Hint

iPod 5GB

15. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

your're right... but the average PC user ISNT necessarrilly looking a flat screen... etc... and even if they were, they dont like to mess around...

theyll see something like a dell advertised.. go out and but it without a monitor.. and buy a flatscreen elsewhere...

most guys will jsut look at the main list price without any details.. and go out and buy it.. tey wont look around too much..

16. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

17. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

Prices really need to come down.. especially with the eMac so similar in cost.

iMac g3 - 800
    eMac - 1100
    iMac g4 - 1500
    powerMac - 1600

I imagine at NY they will axe the iMac g3 as it is a worthless cpu... I cant believe there is no DVD in either the iMac or eMac. They need to drop the price on the eMac by 200 bucks and toss in a combo drive. They are way too overpriced in todays market and are useless in the "digital hub"

iMac g4's should have superdrives across the board.

But its apple... they will do their own thing.

Nobody asked me :)

C-

18. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

that would seriously be sweet, i'dd be drooling *not literally*, cuz that'dd be really good for ppl on a budget, n then i could get a gig of ram (if the price is right at the local pc/mac puter store) and an ipod :D

19. j763 macrumors 6502a

Re: APPLE IS DYING!

No, they're not.

20. daveg5 macrumors 6502a

cardinal sin?

Apple did a cardinal sin when they raised the price on their top selling computer just months after it came out and some of the early units were defective (as always withfirst gen hardware dead pixels etc.) they need to get off of their 30+ points profit on all items if they really want market share to increase.
    I'm not saying give it away but sometimes take a little less per unit profit fore more unit sells more profit in the long run.(software,memory etc.)
    and whats with these enormous and ridiculous memory upgrde prices.
    Consumer Ibooks with cdrom drives in 2002, geez come on put a stinky cdrw in there, i mean$1500 and a stinky cd, stop the fleecing already.
    the main reason the cube flopped was not expandability but price although a pc card slot on it and the imac g4 and ibook could have given it firewire2 second display usb2 etc. and whats with the the no sound input port a great way for video confrencing and adding a tape or record collection (out of print) to itunes.
    sorry to be so mean but I think if Apple takes just a little less profit on there excellant products and add some features that were there or need to be there a lot more people would switch. Case in point the new powermacs mwny, sound in,digital sound out amust for 5 channel dvd authoring 2 optical drive bays. how many people would love to have a fast 40x+ cdrw to go along with thier super drive more money for apple, more workspace and less clutter for me and easier dubbing. get with it apple I am pulling for you a little more features, less profit now and more market share and profit later

21. Eliot macrumors member

Re: APPLE IS DYING!

Originally posted by alex_ant
    Sell your stock ASAP!

With all due respect and purely from my humble position as barely out of newby-diapers, I fail to see the humor in this.
    It WAS meant humorously,
    ..........wasn't it?:confused: :confused: :confused:

22. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

In a near future we may see Apple and Arthur Anderson girl's in a Playboy too:D

23. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

Re: Re: APPLE IS DYING!

If I said yes it would suck the humor right out of it. So, no. :)

24. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

It is at the original price point, it is called the eMac and I would imagine the eMac in the end will steal the thunder from the iMac. They said that sales started to slide in May...but what do you think happened once the eMac was offered to consumers? The iMac is an awesome computer, but I would not be suprised at all if the eMac is actually out selling it now. The eMac has the same basic design principal that the original iMac did and for some reason people really go for that type of Mac. Also the price helps. Now give us a combo drive and 800MHz and keep the price around $1,200. These will move.

25. Eliot macrumors member

Re: Re: Re: APPLE IS DYING!

Originally posted by alex_ant

If I said yes it would suck the humor right out of it. So, no. :)

Oh thank God for that.....I thought you were joking;)

Now i can buy another Sony with a clear conscience

(collapses on the floor, has to be resuscitated:eek: )