Imac server

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by me2621a, Aug 15, 2006.

1. me2621a macrumors member

ok so i posted a thread earlier about a server set up and decided the iMac is right for me now i have bought it and need help with buying the accesories

What i have
    Imac
    G4 1.25
    Ram 512Mb
    Hd 80Gb
    Superdrive
    Mac Osx 10.4

Of cours 80 Gb is not a server so here is my plan and tell me what you think or sugestions of diferent hardware
    -Ultra ata 500Gb drive-for high volume and high speed internal storage
    -2 Fire wire 400 Drives 400Gb each-for time machine to back up 2 of my computers to(also if somone has a perticular brand of hardrive im thinking fantom drives but if somone has somthing better let me know)
    -2 usb fantom g-force mega disk 600Gb of exsternal storage( only reason im buying usb is because this drive doesnt come in a firewire varient)

So in total i have planned about 2.5Tb (800Gb of this howevr is devoted to Time machine in osx 10.5) of starage capaity witch should be fine for the 3 Computers if anyone has coment on this let me know because i want feed back before i buy the hard disks

Also can tmemachine back up to the hardisk on the imac from my powermac if the imac is not using 10.4 or 10.5 server.

Am exspecting to much of the PPc G4 if i play an iPhoto slidshow on it as people are accesng the data

2. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

One of my dad's old company he worked for had a ton of old iMacs G3 600mhz something liek that all abusing xgrid. :cool: There were like 14 of them if I remember correctly.

3. me2621a thread starter macrumors member