Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacManiac1224

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2001
NY
iMac? shipping 2-3 weeks? low end iMac shipping in 2-3 weeks? What does this mean? Could this mean new iMac's tomorrow? We can only wait and see.

What do you guys think?

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
i'm under the impression that apple just does this to fuel the rumor fires, we've seen it happen before with no updates, then again sometimes it does signify an update. iMacs are in line to be updated, a lot of people expect a 1GHz iMac... we'll know in 20 hours...

:)
pnw

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Actually, from what has been posted elsewhere on these forums and from talking to the Apple rep at a local CompUseless, it looks like apople is dropping the CD-ROM [only] model from the iMac G4 lineup.

This actually makes sense as most people want burners and DVD players these days.

Geronimo

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2002
Nashville
Huh?

Actually, I don't believe that there ever has been a CD-ROM-only drive offered in the G4 iMac.

It goes:
CD-R low end
Combo (CD-R + DVD) mid-range
SuperDrive high-end

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
Originally posted by Huked on Fonick
From the online apple store:
ALL IMACS SHIPING 1-2 DAYS!
Eh?

Attachments

• picture 1.jpg
    picture 1.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 408

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Post Subject, no one read here...

Originally posted by Durandal7

Eh?
haha.

Tell me why many of you go to apple to buy stuff... Mail Order is the way to go people, you get all the extra stuff, extra printers, more ram, and many of the extras apple doesn't give out.

The only reason they are back-ordered is apple had supprising sales of iMacs during the 'holidays'.
Even I got one. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.