iMac speaker quality

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Matt T, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Matt T macrumors regular

Matt T

I just bought a new C2D iMac and I'm curious what to expect in terms of audio quality. Are the iMac's speakers good quality?

2. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

That really depends on what you call 'good quality.' I would say they are a bit better than most laptop speakers, but they sound tinny. If you like your music you'll want to buy some speakers.

3. I'mAMac macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

They dont sound that bad. Not as tinny as say the Mini but you do hear some crackle every once in a while.

4. slackersonly macrumors 6502a

slackersonly

If you are asking, I would say they are probably not going to impress you.

I find them fine for what I use my iMac for which is just a computer. I dont really watch movies on it nor do I listed to music expecting anything but computer sound quality. I have a 50" plasma and a couple of stereo setups for that stuff.

When I move my iMac down to my son, I would imagine that he will immediately wanted upgraded speakers as he uses his computer for music, movies, and such.

5. CrEsTo macrumors 6502

CrEsTo

The 24" are way louder than my 17" G5 iSight, but yes, if you are picky then you'll want to buy a good set of speakers.

6. Matt T thread starter macrumors regular

Matt T

7. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

It's hard to judge in a store, but I thought they were plenty loud, but lacking in bass. No real surprise there, for speakers built into a display.

I may try adding a hand-me-down iSub if I get an iMac.