Imac Speakers

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Baz178, Jan 1, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Hi Happy New Year Guys

Looking for some speakers for my imac 21.5 inch thin which hopping to come early January, any body recommend some not too expensive but willing to pay between £50 and £70 thanks Dan

2. macrumors member

3. thread starter macrumors member

4. macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

5. macrumors 6502a

smoking monkey

Got a friend with the Sound sticks and sub woofer jellyfish looking thingy. I find it too murky and base heavy. It's especially hard to hear voices with it all hooked up. BUT his system is quite old. They may have changed since then.

6. macrumors member

Does anyone have experience with Big Jambox? I am thinking of getting one soon (pairing with 2012 27"). Audiophile friend said sound / price / portability make it pretty good value.

Here is a link: https://jawbone.com/speakers/bigjambox/overview

7. macrumors newbie

Within your budget it's hard to find good speakers, I would stay with the built-in iMac speakers, that are good enough.

If you really want to increase your listening experience I would recommend:
    http://www.xs-focal.com/index.html
    from the makers of mindblowing Grande Utopia speakers

8. macrumors 68000

Confuzzzed

Can't go far wrong with http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-In...1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1357221966&sr=1-1

In fact, Maplin have them on offer for £35 for a little while, and with a £3 voucher code (if you are on the maining list) otherwise try finding a discount code online) it's a steal. The obvious attraction being the magnetically-shielded speakers and the on-desk controller to turn them off without having to dive under the desk every time. Creative talk about their IFP design but I don't have a way of benchmarking that against other systems but it sounds plausible.

Good luck

9. macrumors newbie

Have you tried the internal iMac speakers yet? I don't pay real close attention to speakers, but those on my new iMac 27" sound really good, better than my previous monitors speakers and any external speakers I have had though admittedly those have been of the standard PC type external speaker.

10. macrumors regular

11. macrumors G3

There is an adjustment on the subwoofer to control the bass. I bet your friend had it jacked all the way up.

I have a pair of the original SoundSticks and they still sound decent even if they are about 8 or 9 years old.

12. macrumors 6502a

smoking monkey

Thanks for the clarification. I reckon you are right. He probably has it jacked all the way up and doesn't even know.