Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
this is weird, but then everything has been weird since i installed windows 10.

i was trying to fix a problem, see my other thread, that my imac kept crashing in windows 10 due to usb drives being plugged in. someone said about maybe the bootcamp hfs+ driver wasnt installed. so i restarted into windows, downloaded bootcamp again, tried to install. it said needs windows 7.

so i went to restart into OS X. firstly the little bootcamp icon was missing. so i restarted with the option key. the minute it restarted the keyboard light went off (normal apple wireless keyboard) and instead of bringing up startup options it went straight back into windows.

this time though the bootcamp icon was in the bottom right so i clicked on that and startup in os x.

cannot find OS X startup partition. or words to the effect.

clicked on open boot camp control panel. says it cant open it, or cant find it or something.

clicked on restart, hold down option, same result.

clicked on restart, pressed the caps lock so i can see the light come on, held down the option key, the minute it restarts the light goes off and it starts up as windows.

tries to run the bootcamp again, says needs windows 7.

tries shutting down, leaving for 5 mins, restarting with option down,.....

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
No key combinations work as the Bluetooth seems to go off as it restarts which is weird it's never been a problem before.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Do you have any USB 3.0 devices (flash drives?) attached? Disconnect those, and try the Option-boot again.
The USB bus includes the Bluetooth card. Some USB 3.0 devices can conflict with the Bluetooth connection, particularly at startup.
If you have an Apple bluetooth keyboard, make sure the batteries are good.

Sangoma

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2012
OS X seems quite particular about Bootcamp and not using tools outside of bootcamp to manage the partitions. I just went through an exercise of recovering OS X, primary partition and reinstalling Windows, discovering the above USB issues too :)

dfine1966

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2011
Go into bootcamp app inside Windows 10 and change boot to the Mac. It should be that easy. I had the same problem and that worked. Should be a shortcut to bootcamp app near the clock on the bottom.

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
Go into bootcamp app inside Windows 10 and change boot to the Mac. It should be that easy. I had the same problem and that worked. Should be a shortcut to bootcamp app near the clock on the bottom.
thanks but thats covered in my post

this time though the bootcamp icon was in the bottom right so i clicked on that and startup in os x.

cannot find OS X startup partition. or words to the effect.

clicked on open boot camp control panel. says it cant open it, or cant find it or something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.