iMac swap for iBook plus cash

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by gillms1, Jan 9, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

Jan 4, 2007

As well as my MBP (as posted earlier), I'm also looking for an iMac for our household. I've seen a 20" CD iMac with the following specs:

250GB hard-drive, 2Ghz Intel Dual Core Processor, 1GB SDRAM, 256mb ATI Radeon X1600 Graphics Card, Airport, Firewire, Mighty Mouse, 8x double-layer SuperDrive (DVD±RW, CD-RW), Bluetooth - This would work well with parallels right? (unfortunately I am yet to convert one member of my family from Wi**ows XP!)

I've been offered a deal of £400 + my G4 iBook (13" 1.33ghz, 768MB, 60GB, Superdrive) - this sound good? Am i right in thinking my iBook is worth around £400-£450? I'm not sure how much that iMac is worth, I went to go on the apple refurb store to compare prices but it's closed at the moment! (I guess in prep for keynote).

ps. Thought I'd also mention how glad I am I stumbled across this site & forums, the information it provides is amazing!
  2. Mal
    macrumors 603

Jan 6, 2002
    That sounds a little low, but not far off. Try looking on, they usually have some refurb iBooks to compare prices, of course they'd be higher than a used sale but it'll give you an idea.