iMac sweet iMac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by maxigalaxy, Jun 30, 2005.

1. maxigalaxy macrumors member

maxigalaxy

HERE IT IS...!!!!!! I finally put my hands on a beautiful iMac 20" G5 !
    What a beauty!!! Hey guys I can't find the words to describe this.
    And best of all I just payed $1400...well..my girlfriend payed the rest as a birthday present....
    Actually she came home with two dimms of ram 1GB each pretending that those were (very appreciated) gift. So I said, this is the good time for me to go and get the iMac ... when all of a sudden she opened a door and there it was!!! wawaweewa!!!!!!
    Got the box, opened it, took the sweet white thing out, plugged the power, waited 20 min circa to transfer my Powerbook content via Firewire, and that was it, with all my usual stuff, coonections, settings, applications, bookmarks...iI MEAN EVERYTHING I had in my laptop.
    How cool this machine is, god, this thing rocks!!!!!
    I am a car designer and I work with "picci" (...italian) all day, and when I'm back home, a Mac just feels like a Playstation!!!!!!!!!!!
    Love Apple , love the iMac !!!!!!!!!!!
    CIAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Congrats! I know the feeling. I just got myself a 20" iMac. Such a sweet machine. Next week I will go and order 2x1GB RAM from OWC

You must not have had much on your PB, the transfer from my eMac took like 4 to 5 hours. It seemed like weeks. :) Was impressed at how easy and complete things went with the transfer. And with the spanning hack I am now able to use the portrait mode on my Dell FP2001. :D

3. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

I felt nearly the same when my dad brought home the new (my current) eMac. :)