iMac to PSP

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by X-Morgan, Jul 19, 2006.

1. X-Morgan macrumors member

Hey guys an' gals, I've got a wee problem.

I've always wanted to set up my PSP to a wireless hotspot for some internet action, and since my iMac has AirPort, I was wondering how I would go about making my iMac a hotspot to connect my PSP to, no one around my area has wireless so they cant nick my bandwidth or speed.

Any help?

I've got a fully updated iMac with version 2.71 of the PSP firmware

Cheers :)

(I'm on a cable modem)

2. JoeKarame macrumors regular

JoeKarame

It should just automatically pick up the airport surely? If it doesn't just key in the ip info of your server, and that should do the trick - it certainly worked perfectly when I had a PSP.

3. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

In the System Preferences, go to Sharing, then in that pane, go to the "Internet" tab.

Select the source of your internet (I'd assume Ethernet), then check off "Airport" in the box. The press "Start".

Your computer is now a wireless hotspot. :D

4. X-Morgan thread starter macrumors member

OutThere you are an absolute legend! Thanks a million! Now I have 4Mb broadband through my PSP! Exelente!!!!

5. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

How fast can the speed go? Depending on your internet connection speed or there's a limit Airport can transmit?

6. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Glad it worked. :)

Airport as a technology (802.11g) can only go up to 54mbit. Your internet is probably slower than that, so it instead of the Airport would be the limiting factor in speed.

If you need faster there is the option of sharing your internet over firewire. :p