iMac Upgrades

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by aaron.lee2006, Jun 30, 2006.

  1. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

    aaron.lee2006

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2006
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    #1
    hello, I want to purchase my iMac next week. Should I purchase now or are there new processors going into them soon? I really want it and don't want to put it off but I want to know what kind of upgrade I should be expecting.

    Thanks.
    Aaron
     
  2. DevilsRejection macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2006
    #2
    I have a core duo 20 inch iMac, and as much as I love it ... I say wait until WWDC to see if they switch to an Intel Core 2 Duo chip.

    If not then hey, you wasted a month.
     
  3. puckhead193 macrumors G3

    puckhead193

    Joined:
    May 25, 2004
    Location:
    NY
    #3
    agreed. I too want a 20" iMac and waiting till WWDC to see what happens.
     
  4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

    Sun Baked

    Joined:
    May 19, 2002
    #4
    Wait until Apple updates the chipset, should be real soon (hopefully with the Core 2 Duo, but it is also a tossup if Apple wants to play like typical PC makers.)

    If you don't want the 965 chipset and the features it offers -- you can always try to swap the CPU yourself anytime.
     

Share This Page