iMac (using iMac as PC monitor)

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by joseph2166, Jan 11, 2006.

1. joseph2166 macrumors 6502

I would buy an iMac (rather than the more expensive macbook i'm leaning towards at the mo) if I could plug my pc into it as well and use it as a monitor - i'm guessing you can't? It's just that my desk room is limited and there is no space for two monitor sized pieces of equipment

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I seriously doubt you'll be able to use the iMac as a monitor, we never have been able to before. There are two other avenues. Firstly, you can use an app like Remote Desktop to access the PC over a network from the iMac or secondly, if you get an Intel iMac you may be able to eventually install Windows directly onto it. This second option isn't guarantied though. :)

3. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

the devil!!!! the devil is upon us!!!!

actually i can't wait for the first person to install windows on one of those new iMacs.

apparently theres no block and if you know what you doing you can have both... which would be uber sweet.

edit:ahhhhhh i spoke to soon! http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=172594

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Of course, there are many nay-sayers, but I still think Windows on Macs will be possible eventually. :)

5. joseph2166 thread starter macrumors 6502

but i don't want to ruin a mac by putting windows on it! perhaps an external hard drive so the imac doesn't get contaminated...