Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mogenshu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2006
Hey All. I'm not sure if this is an iMac problem or maybe a virus problem but I've been noticing that my computer randomly wakes up from sleep. I have a 20" intel iMac core duo. I leave my computer on all the time and it is in my room and i'll notice that the computer will go to sleep but when i wake up it will either be awake with me or even at the unlock dialog. Has anyone else experienced this issue? It seems very sporadic and I'm wondering if someone may be hacking my computer or if i have some sort of mac spyware. I have my firewall turned on at all times as well.

ghostee

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2004
Villa Park, IL
My G5 iMac does the same thing. It's completely random, and actually stopped happening at all for many months before returning recently. I'm anxious to see if anyone has a solution.

emptyCup

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2005
Are any USB devices plugged in which are on when the computer is asleep? Are any of the "Wake Computer... " options checked under System Preferences > Energy Saver > Options?

Mogenshu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2006
I will check it out and unplug each of my peripherals one by one and see what i can see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.