iMac Wall Mount

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Detlev, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Detlev macrumors 6502a

Sep 16, 2003
    I did a search throught the forums but did not find anything on this, so I am hoping someone can shed some light on this.

I was just at the Apple Store to pick up my new iMac when I mentioned I would miss the swivel action of the E.T. iMac and the clerk, manager, and another customer mentioned there is a wall mount coming out in the next couple months that would allow this. Is this true? Are there any pictures? Who is developing it? It is not usually the case that I can walk into an Apple Store and the staff will share information about forthcoming Apple product so I don't imagine that it is an Apple product.
  2. NusuniAdmin macrumors 6502a

Nov 19, 2003
    easiest wall mount on earth:

2 heavy duty nails

nail into studs in wall

mount object on nails.

Done! :p

I am sure there will be one out soon.
  3. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

Feb 4, 2003
    New HAMpshire
    There is already a swivel stand for the iMac G5 where you can swivel it from side to side.

Wall mount here but link would not work from post. Scroll down in thread for more info
  4. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

Jun 29, 2004
    There's a VESA adapter on the Applestore website, but it says it's not available till october. This adapter is identical to the one available for the new displays, and is not a wall mount, but an adapter so that it's compatible with 3rd party hardware.

Now, why would apple hold back from releasing the adapter? Why not release them with the iMac? I WANT ONE!

oh, and if anyone knows the link to the VESA adapter, i'm sure it would help...i'll do a quick search.

EDIT: found it. VESA Adapter
  5. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

May 30, 2004
    Madison, WI
    I think that Apple should release a mount that is compatable with the iMac G5 and the new Cinema displays, that would be just like the iMac G4 arm. That would be pretty sweet.