iMac won't burn DVDs through toast

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by john_satc, Sep 13, 2005.

1. john_satc macrumors 6502

I tried to a film dvd onto a DVD - RW disk using Toast. This failed, giving the error message saying something about Mac OS wouldnt allow it and '-50' whatever that means.
    I then tried to do the same with a DVD - R disk, after spending another 12 + hours waiting for the film to encode before I got the same error message.

What is wrong? I have been able to write and delete from a CD - RW so it shoudln't be the drive itself the problem. This is really annoying as I have tried various programmes to rip from a DVD and then burn it , all failing miserably: Mactheripper copies with the wrong language, I get Brad Pitt talking German or something. Or Toast complaining it is not the right version to copy the DVD (when I have already paid for the damn thing!) to waiting over 12 hours for Toast to encode the film, only to be told there is an error stopping completion!

2. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

Why don't you just buy the real DVD and then you won't have to worry about stealing it. :D

3. john_satc thread starter macrumors 6502

:eek: I don't know what your talking about :eek:

4. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

Can you burn other DVDs, say a backup of your photos?

5. john_satc thread starter macrumors 6502

I called up apple in the end, they said it wasn't working because the file(S) were corrupt :( cheers though