Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pancho

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2006
Hi guys, I have the same problem described here:
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/620772.html
However they do not have a solution.
Basically, the computer won't restart. It will appear to start the process (the screen will go blue), and then it will just put me back in OS X.

Anybody have a clue as to how to fix this?

Thanks
Steve

I never had this problem, but have you tried booting with safe mode and trying to restart or shut down there? If it works then it I assume it would be a software problem, try killing the open processes you have before shutting down and maybe you'll find the one causing the problem. If that fails you can re-install OS X keeping all your files and settings.

hoover

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2007
I had similar problems of not being able to shut down. I discovered that this was under an extended repair program by Apple and it was repaired for free. You need your serial number and can look for the infor on their web site. Since I have had it repaired though the fan is running on high and it is going to sleep in the middle of things. I am taking it back. Any ideas?

3CCD

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2006
FL and NJ
Thats odd. I would make an appointment at the Genius Bar and take care of it. Hey if they can't fix it after 3 or so times doesn't the lemon law take affect? If its still under warranty take full advantage of the services b/c once its up it might be so expensive to fix that fixing it isn't worth it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.