Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eithanius

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 19, 2005
been noticing some minor problems on the graphics side that might slow the overall performance of my system....

whenever the dock animates via background apps alert, keyboard input/response seemed to slow a bit.....

the same goes with expose and dashboard transition when DVD's playing in the background....

and DVD Player seems to take up loads of proc power as well.... close to 40%....

has anyone experience such symptoms.....? or is it just me....? :(

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
Eithanius said:
been noticing some minor problems on the graphics side that might slow the overall performance of my system....

whenever the dock animates via background apps alert, keyboard input/response seemed to slow a bit.....

the same goes with expose and dashboard transition when DVD's playing in the background....

and DVD Player seems to take up loads of proc power as well.... close to 40%....

has anyone experience such symptoms.....? or is it just me....? :(

I think this is more simply the nature of Mac OS X than anything else. I noticed similar things to what you are talking about when using Tiger on my PowerMac. It doesn't do it as much on Panther but I use Panther on my Dual 1.8 becuaes it makes for a more pleasant working experience for me. I would not worry too much. If it is not slowing down any graphics work or anything of that sort then don't sweat it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.