iMacs on sale...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Italchef, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Italchef macrumors 6502

I'm located just outside of Toronto and Futureshop sent out and ad today that has the iMacs on sale. Now I've been very patient waiting for the next update before I buy my 24" iMac so could this mean that the upgrade is imminent? Does anyone have knowledge of what the big box stores do just before a new release?
    Any insight is greatly appreciated.:)

Mick

2. 4God macrumors 68020

4God

3. autechre macrumors newbie

autechre

Hey, you beat me to the post.:) I was just doing some shopping today and was informed of Futureshop's sale (I'm in Edmonton). I went in there and indeed they are $70 off. When I asked him whether the sale was to move out old units for new stock, he said Apple's doing a promotion with the Macs and iPods. He said it's for three days only. I guess the cut off is Sunday @ 9:00.

Unfortunately, they only sell the stock units, so I couldn't upgrade it even if I wanted to buy one now. I'm getting the 24" too, but I want to save $150+ and wait for Leopard.

Ugh, waiting to buy a Mac is torture!:D

4. TheManOfSilver macrumors regular

TheManOfSilver

I'd rather have the updated model with Leopard and iLife '07 pre-installed. Plus, if you qualify for educational pricing (as I do) you'll see that those prices are (at least) as good as Future Shop's sale prices.

I always prefer to get more for less if I can ;)

5. waynergy macrumors newbie

I sold my wife's iBook+iSight combo last week, so now we are sharing my MacBook Pro. Let's just say it isn't pretty. I don't think I will be able to wait longer than a couple of weeks, one month tops. I might end up getting the current iMac and upgrade to Leopard later.

6. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

There wont be any updates until when Santa Rosa is released on May 9th (I think)... so I would try not to get your hopes up.

7. Italchef thread starter macrumors 6502

May 9th? May 9th? Oh man, I've been waiting for this since Christmas! lol. I hate waiting. When I buy something, I research the hell out of it then make my decision and buy it. I usually don't wait around for prices to drop or travel to 10 different stores to save a few bucks. Usually. In this case I've waited this long, I'll wait a bit longer. I make my pilgrimage to the Yorkdale Apple store at least once every couple of weeks just to drool over the 24" iMac. Let's hope there's something coming before May. Hang in there everyone.

Mick

8. MrMacbookMan macrumors newbie

If it's seventy dollars off and you really want it now, you can get it and use the seventy dollars to get the OS upgrade (which is about the price of it if you can get an educational discount). So that way you get the new operating system and you get the computer even sooner!

9. waynergy macrumors newbie

But Education Discount is like $100 off retail price. If you buy from Futureshop this week, it's equals to $30 more than what you pay if you use Edu Discount.

10. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

lol i always go to the yorkdale apple store too, one hting tho, even if santa rosa is announced in may. how long until it is actually released? how has this happened in the past? is it like the iPhone? look at it now have it in half a year, or do they announce and release at the same time with macs? any ideas anyone? what happened when MB came out or MBP?

11. Italchef thread starter macrumors 6502

I just noticed that now Futureshop has Macbooks and Macbook Pros on sale. I'm so tired of waiting. I sincerely hope that this means something!

Mick