Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CoolSpot

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
IMO, Apple has some pretty hard targets as far as availability. They absolutely must have at the very least the 21" model available in stores by Thanksgiving. People are frontloading their shopping a lot and it would be a very significant setback to miss the initial holiday rush.

The more expensive 27" is less important for black-fridayish because its less likely to be a spontaneous purchase than the less expensive 21". I still think they will be targeting an early december date so that orders will still make it for Christmas.

DrRadon

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2008
I heared the Nov. 2ed rumore by a cupple of different places in the world now (as in posters on the internet that claim to know people)

I higly doubt that it will be released on the same day as the iPad. At least not without no preorders - why would they? Everyone working in the onlinestore or in the real world will have their hands full with iPad customers anyway. Maybe, just maybe, preorders open that day.

Has anyone ever guessed that they might just get a model to put on display with the same shipment that brings the iPads? Would make sens to have it on display when half the world is getting to your store anyway, right?

I´ed be more than happy to have my new 21,5 inch iMac right now, but i expect to wait, maybe even till december - who knows when Germanys Apple certified non Apple Stores will get enough to meet the demand. I am sure mine will be later anyway because i ordered from a shop that offered discount.

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
I think apple is pushing themselves every time they releases a new product and this one more than usual. Most of the time apple releases in the end of the promised month....simply because its a though date to meet for them. So expect the same here

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
They were never going to release before US election. Now there is a window before Black Friday, so assume 13th (much higher probability in my mind) or 20th November (maybe too close to Black Friday).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.