Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fkaname

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2006
I just noticed that on my MacBook Pro, when I set an image as wallpaper, the colors become paler. This is sort of a strange problem because I don't remember that happening on my other Macs. Has anyone experienced this before?

Here's an example:

munckee

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2005
Could be that the computer is smart enough to shift it from a CMYK image to an RGB image since it figures the wallpaper will be used on a screen. Otherwise, I dunno.

Peter A

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2005
Shot in the dark - by any chance is the image saved in aRGB? If so, try a copy saved as sRGB instead (i.e., optimised for the internet, aka monitor display)
Just a thought, as images posted on line in aRGB have a 'washed out' appearance. It's supposed to go to a printer, not a screen.

fkaname

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2006
Peter A said:
Shot in the dark - by any chance is the image saved in aRGB? If so, try a copy saved as sRGB instead (i.e., optimised for the internet, aka monitor display)
Just a thought, as images posted on line in aRGB have a 'washed out' appearance. It's supposed to go to a printer, not a screen.

That could be it, I'll try it, thanks.

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
Personally I think the desktop in that screen shot looks better (more natural) than the picture opened up in that window.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.