Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kpangilinan, Oct 13, 2006.

1. kpangilinan macrumors member

Oct 5, 2006
    New York
  2. risc macrumors 68030

Jul 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    I just checked the US Apple Store and the iSight is still available for purchase, it just has 3 weeks lead time. Could this be the rumoured update? Could it just be they have run out of stock? It doesn't matter to me I'd never buy that thing you linked too. ;)

3. kpangilinan thread starter macrumors member

Oct 5, 2006
    New York
    Ooh screw iMage. I'm ordering the iSight! I was getting tired of waiting with no word but at least now I know.
  4. Danksi macrumors 68000

Oct 3, 2005
    Nelson, BC. Canada
    Apple updated the shipping estimates from 'October' to 2-3 weeks, in the last 24-hours. Rumour is it will be selling from next Tuesday. It's unclear whether it'll be a true update or simply a change in some of the component materials used, to adhere to the EU Nasty Materials law (don't recall the name).

The iMage looks good, but no mic - I'd like the iSight for my MacPro & iBook, so the Mic would come in useful for the Mac Pro.
  5. pastapasta macrumors newbie

Oct 15, 2006
    Since it's almost impossible to Skype without a headset anyway, (because of echo and feedback), I'm sure a camera mic is not so critical these days.
  6. jTreu macrumors 6502

May 20, 2006
  7. quigleybc macrumors 68030

Jun 17, 2005
    Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

I disagree.

When I was in the market for a Webcam, I was pissed at how every inquiry went like this...

"hi, I would like a webcam"

"okay great we've got a ton of them, and most of them are under 60 bucks !"

"awesome..! I have a Mac"

"oh....we have the iSight, it's over 200 bucks..."

"son of a ..."

so of course I got the iSight, and ya it's great, but soo pricey....and it's just an annoying monoply, this iMage looks sweet, sucks there's no mic though....