Images from Beach screensaver as JPGs?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by SoonToGetAMac, Feb 14, 2003.

1. SoonToGetAMac macrumors 6502

Is there any way to get the photos from the beach, forrest, or cosmos screen savers as JPGs or some format so they can be wall paper?

2. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

hmm, that's a good question, some of the images in the screensavers would make really nice desktop backgrounds. i wonder if one would be able to set a timed screen capture for let's say, 10 seconds, then put the screen saver on. would it capture the screensaver? i'm sure someone here would know.

3. SoonToGetAMac thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah, i was thinking about that...

4. shakespeare macrumors 6502

Fortunately, there's a much simpler way.

Navigate in the Finder to the folder (HD)/System/Library/Screen Savers. Choose the screen saver you want, and control-click it. Choose "Show package contents" from the contextual menu, and open the folder Contents/Resources in the window that opens up. This gives you all the JPEGs in the screen saver.

Enjoy!

5. SoonToGetAMac thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, I made folders for the 3 included screen savers, but in the control panel, can I make these folders show up in the "top" part of the Collection drop-box...y'know where the Nature, Abstract, etc. right now they just show up in the bottom one-at-a-time. if you get the question, please help...thanks.

6. shakespeare macrumors 6502

Mm - no, indeed, I think I do know what you mean, and I don't think you can change it. The top part of that menu is for Apple things only, and on the bottom, it only lists the last folder you chose.

I find that a better way to choose desktops is to import the relevant files into iPhoto. You can then see all the files you want to laid out and see them on your desktop in one click. If you need to change options like "fit to screen" or such, you can always go into System Preferences and do it there.