Images in Google AdSense?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by michaelrjohnson, Aug 3, 2006.

1. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Aug 9, 2000
    I don't know if anyone else noticed, but there are now images included in Google AdSense ads that are placed on MR pages.

I always thought one of the best qualities of AdSense was that the ads "disappeared" as they were purely text-based. This new development has me very disappointed in Google. I suppose there's no way for MR to opt-out of the image-based AdSense ads? No? Darn.

PS: Before anyone asks, yes, I could just contribute and get an ad-free site. I will, someday, I promise. But I'm less concerned with the ads as I am with the future of AdSense.
  2. paleck macrumors 6502a

Apr 11, 2005
    with the Tequila!
    The publisher who is hosting the ads have the option to select image/text or just text. From the publisher's perspective most will select image/text since there will be a larger pool of ads to choose from and thereby increasing their potential revenues.

So the short answer is that yes Macrumors could opt-out of the images, but then they could also make less money from ads if they did.