iMaginator

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Platform, May 29, 2005.

1. Platform macrumors 68030

Platform

Has anyone used this app :confused:

This is suppose to be a good app that can rival PS.

Optimized for 10,4 so it uses Core-Image :D

So what do you think :confused:

2. Fredstar macrumors 6502a

Fredstar

I recently bought iMaginator because i just wanted to check out core image and some of the cool stuff it could do, a nice compliment alongside Photoshop.
    Anyway, it is exactly that. Fun to use and to add the built in core image effects to images and allows you to easily add/edit and manipulate effects. Most effects are also timelined so you can easily create this crazy little Quicktime clips with this core image processes, however at this point it is very limited and you can only control where they start and the general length of the whole Quicktime.

3. Cybernanga macrumors regular

I've never heard of it, and therefore have never used it.

Maybe if you provided a link to the app's homepage, some people might try it out.

4. Platform thread starter macrumors 68030

Platform

Oh OK thanks.......so not really a worthy app on it's own :confused:
    Or can it do the PS elements things :confused:

5. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

For people who can't be bothered to use Google, iMaginator.

It's had good reviews (albeit limited) on versiontracker but for some reason isn't listed on MacUpdate.

6. Platform thread starter macrumors 68030

Platform

I know that....but I was wondering what people on MR thought of it ;)

7. Fredstar macrumors 6502a

Fredstar

Well obviously it does not replace Photoshop, it doesn't have all those filters for one!!
    I think it is a fun (similar to that Apple funhouse to come to think of it) application and you can easily make some crazy annotations using Tiger's core image all in real time and allows you to make cool Quicktime's for like a family Movie or something. It is an early release and more features are being added each release

8. RacerX macrumors 65832

You could try it yourself... All Stone Design apps have a 30 day unlimited demo.

That way you don't have to ask... you'll be able to tell. ;)

Besides, the people to ask are people who use this product... which you'll find in the Stone Design forums.

For those of you who don't know who Stone Design is, they are the oldest Mac OS X development company. They work very closely with Apple and are usually one of the first (if not the first) company to try out new Apple software APIs as they come out. Their flag ship application, Create, was the first third party app to run on both Rhapsody and the Mac OS X developer previews.

9. chameeeleon macrumors 6502

Scroll up, the monkey guy provided one.
    I used the app briefly, and it is fun and very powerful. I couldn't stand the interface though.

10. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

If the chameleon dude had read the thread he would have realised that my post was in response to that very comment. And failing a break in the space-time continuum it would have been a bit hard to scroll into the future ;)

11. Platform thread starter macrumors 68030

Platform

I know that you can get the demos....but I don't have a Mac.. :(
    And now you will say "so why do you ask"

Well I hope I will get one and even so I'm still interesed in the app anyway ;)

12. Platform thread starter macrumors 68030

Platform

Thanks....Seems good that if you buy the app they will give you free upgrades for life :D :D

13. Platform thread starter macrumors 68030

Platform

I thought the interface looked OK :eek: Well maby not in use :confused:

14. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i've got to say... that app looks really just like a CoreImage play-thing. why not just use CoreImage Fun House, or whatever that app is that's included with XCode?

i can't see any images produced by this app being used for professional purposes.

15. RacerX macrumors 65832

Why not? And how are you defining professional purposes? The moment that an image edited by this app is used in a web site that someone was paid to make would mean that it has been used for professional purposes.

I've used TIFFany for professional purposes and both CoreImage and iMaginator are based largely on TIFFany's abilities.

Besides, the reason you won't see any images produced by this app being used for professional purposes is that you won't be able to tell that they were produced in this app. :eek: