IMAP mail not being saved by mail.app

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by maxterpiece, Oct 3, 2005.

1. maxterpiece macrumors 6502a

maxterpiece

Okay so all the emails that I send using my IMAP account with mail don't get saved to the sent mail folder. I have the settings for the account on "store sent messages on server" and delete sent messages set to "never". I can click the little arrow next to the account and look at the sent messages on the server and they aren't there, and i can look at mail.app's sent mailbox and the messages aren't in there. If I click the little "this message has been replied to" arrow next to a message in my inbox, Mail.app accuses me of having deleted the reply. Any ideas for how I can make mail keep my sent messages other than just copying myself in on everythign I send?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Do you need them on the server? If not, try this with the save sent messages on the server option deselected. It may be that, the way your server is set up, it will not let you save to the sent mail folder....

Or have you gotten what you want working in another mail application, or on Windows, or somesuch?

3. maxterpiece thread starter macrumors 6502a

maxterpiece

yeah, that works, but I what really makes IMAP better is the fact that all this stuff is synced. I can go use someone else's computer and check sent items that I sent using mail.app. The account is with fastmail.fm... I don't know if that helps.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Hmmm...but does IMAP with that account do what you want (save messages from an offline mail program to the IMAP sent mail mailbox) using any other configuration, e.g. Outlook or Eudora on Windows, or Thunderbird on any platform?

5. jorisx macrumors newbie