iMessage/FaceTime Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by fRod, Sep 22, 2012.

1. fRod, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012

macrumors newbie

Whenever I try and activate iMessage or facetime on my iPhone 5 all I get is the error, "Could not sigh in, please check your network connection and try again." The error doesn't happen right away it takes about 15-30 seconds then seems like it times out. I tried to activate on both wi-fi and data connection to no avail. I've read a few other areas where people have had these problems curious if anyone has as well and any fixes.

Thanks!

2. thread starter macrumors newbie

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

4. macrumors newbie

Maybe check to see if you have logged into iCloud with correct information

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I did that as well, logged into iCloud no problem. I think it might of been when I first plugged in my iphone and it gave the option "select as new phone" or use as my old iphone from when I had my iphone 4. I've called apple 3 times so far and they know its an issue but have no idea on how to fix it.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Found the fix!!!

I found the fix for the error. Took me a few different tries but I got it to work. You have to completely reset your phone (erase all content and settings) and set it as a, "new phone". I advise you to copy all the information that you want/need onto iCloud first. After I did this my facetime and imessage worked perfectly! Hope this helps.

On a side note as well your contacts won't be erased either but save them on iCloud just in case.