Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hewitt0007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2016
I sent the messages via my iPhone, in the iMessage of iPhone, the last message is always said to be delivered and the previous ones are read. While i checked on the iMessage on my mac, all the messages are marked 'read'. what's that mean? I'm so confused! I'm thinking i got blocked!

v0lume4

macrumors 68020
Jul 28, 2012
Mm... Strange that it would show up as "Delivered" on one device and "Read" on another. The user that you are sending messages to has to turn on Read Receipts in order for the "Read" message to be displayed to you. Regardless of your device, it should show up as "Read" to you.

May just be a bug.

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
I can't recall for sure but I believe when you're blocked it doesn't show delivered.

What likely has happened is that read receipts are turned off on one and on on the other device, if I understand you correctly.

hewitt0007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2016
Mm... Strange that it would show up as "Delivered" on one device and "Read" on another. The user that you are sending messages to has to turn on Read Receipts in order for the "Read" message to be displayed to you. Regardless of your device, it should show up as "Read" to you.

May just be a bug.
is the
I can't recall for sure but I believe when you're blocked it doesn't show delivered.

What likely has happened is that read receipts are turned off on one and on on the other device, if I understand you correctly.

nope, they are both on. because the previous messages show 'read' and only the latest one shows 'delivered'

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2013
Send read receipts is per device. It sounds like the recipient read your last iMessage from a device with send read receipts turned off. Which would then only show the delivered status.

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
A few of us are experiencing this as well. Seemed like the issue occurred after the release of 9.2.

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
Issue I'm dealing with as well. Someone will Read an iMessage then a while passes and if I open that iMessage thread I have with that person it gets changed to Delivered.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Reactions: Black Magic

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
Issue I'm dealing with as well. Someone will Read an iMessage then a while passes and if I open that iMessage thread I have with that person it gets changed to Delivered.

Anyone else experiencing this?

My woman was complaining about this very thing. Again it seemed to originate around iOS 9.2

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.