imessage to multiple people?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bhigh8, Nov 3, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

can you send an imessage to multiple people. everytime i try to send to two others who also have iphones it goes as a text and shows as green instead of blue. is it even possible to send to multiple people at once and get a chat going, all as imessages?

Thanks.

2. macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Yes, it's possible. However, you have to make sure you have "Group Messaging" enabled. To do that, go to Settings > Messages and then scroll down to the SMS/MMS section, under which you'll find "Group Messaging".

3. macrumors 6502

Yes it is, are you sure both people who have iphones have imessage turned on?

4. macrumors newbie

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

okay. i have mms messaging and group messaging turned on. is that how it is supposed to be? or is one or both supposed to be off?

----------

when i add first person the send button is blue but as soon as i add second person it changes to green.

6. macrumors member

Realistiic

7. macrumors member

Realistiic

8. macrumors 6502

Go to messaging app > tap the compose button in top right > press the + symbol and add the 2 people you want to message > at the top it should say "New iMessage" and the bubbles with the names should be blue, just like the send button.

9. thread starter macrumors 6502

just did this again and still shows green. it says new group message at the top and is a text. i have never got this to work on any phone so assumed i couldnt.

10. macrumors 6502

Does each person that you're trying to group imessage have imessage turned on? Check each contact in the messaging app and whether or not the send button is green or blue.

11. thread starter macrumors 6502

yes. i will say that its so sporatic. if i reply to a chain imessage between me and another person it will stay blue. but if i delete the chain and start a new one, alot of times it shows them as green again.

maybe its the phone. let me try on anther iphone.

12. thread starter macrumors 6502

seems like my iphone 5 is fine. its my wifes 4. i had it for like 6 months and it never worked and its not working for my wife either. it even has a hard time getting it to recognize single imessage contacts also.