Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shorn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Hi all,

right, just looking for some help. I have iMessage set up on my phone.

I have it set to my iCloud Apple ID, and it set to receive at 2 addresses. My phone number, and my iCloud email address.

I have both my iPad and Mac set up in exactly the same way, except just to the iCloud email address.

I get no messages to iPad or Mac, only to the iPhone.

Am I being a numpty and doing something obviously wrong?

idiiamots

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2010
Seattle, WA
Are people messaging you using your phone # or your e-mail address? If they are doing it using your phone then it makes sense that the devices set up only for iCloud address won't receive the messages.

shorn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
As my phone is set up for both, wouldn't it go to both?

bandarbush

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2010
I'm experiencing this problem as well. I've read that you should make sure your callerID is set to your email address and not your phone number, however, this did NOT solve the problem for me. Others have said that going to the AppleID website and updating your phone number has solved the problem for them. Again, however, this did not work for me. If anyone has a solution to syncing messages and iMessage for mountain lion users, please post it!

evilstnick

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2011
have you verified your mobile # with apple? google 'manage apple id'.. log in, and under phone numbers, make sure your cell number is under mobile #, save changes. I did this, and it worked like a charm!

The Tuck

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2003
Boo. Thanks for your response, but that's disappointing. Is this confirmed for iOS6?

This is not possible yet, and yes. It is confirmed for iOS 6. I'm sure there will be an OS X update at the time to enable phone # messages for the Messages.app app in OS X.

Tuck

bulldoze

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2011
iMessage seems to be a mess.

I am trying to add a new imessage account and there is no option to do so! and under iCloud there is no message option either. Very strange.

Not sure where to go now with this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.