Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I've got iMessages enabled on my iPhone 5, iPad, and MBA. The issue is that for the past few days, I receive some messages on my iPad only, but not on my iPhone and MBA (this was working fine before). Other messages are received on all 3 devices. If I send a message through my iPad, it doesn't update the conversation threads on the iPhone or MBA. My MBA doesn't update any convos sent from my iPhone or iPad. Somehow the 3 devices have fallen out of love. I've tried restarting all the devices, toggled off/on iMessages in settings, and made sure that they are all sending from my cell phone number. How do I fix this?

Maybe its another New Years glitch? This only started a couple days ago. Anyone else having similar issues?

DarrenUK

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2012
Southampton, UK
I've just got a new iMac and iMessage sync between that and my iPad is a bit hit and miss. Hopefully it will get sorted soon. The reason I moved from PC to mac was so my iPad and computer worked better together.

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
I have the same problem with an iPhone 4S, iPad Mini, and a MBA. It worked fine with the iPhone and MBA, until I added the iPad Mini into the mix. Now, every so often, I'll get a message on one device but not the others, or two of them but not the third. And with my luck, it always the one that's most out of arms reach lol

It's hard to repeat, so if anyone has a solution, fill us in. I've tried logging out and logging back in to the accounts on the devices, it works for awhile but then losses sync over time.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
My messages sync between my iPad and iPhone but its definitely hit and miss as to whether both devices update instantaneously. Sometimes messages can take like 20 mins to come through on either device, whereas other times it'll come through on one or the other but not both.

I have these kinds of issues most days, but it's not a big problem.

skoda21

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
THE Solution

~I did it and have a fix! It’s extremely simple; My iPhone would NOT sync iMessage intuitively with my Mac. It’s now working perfectly. _ALL YOU HAVE TO DO_

Go to https://appleid.apple.com and make sure under phone numbers (Column on left side) you have your cell phone number filled out for all of the columns! Nothing will change other than the fact that iMessage will sync all messages from iPhone, under regular apple ID.

After you do that ^ CLOSE iMessage on your Mac, then reopen.

Let me know if this works for you, or if you need more assistance - skodaman08@gmail.com
Best of luck,
Taylor Skoda~

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
~I did it and have a fix! It’s extremely simple; My iPhone would NOT sync iMessage intuitively with my Mac. It’s now working perfectly. _ALL YOU HAVE TO DO_

Go to https://appleid.apple.com and make sure under phone numbers (Column on left side) you have your cell phone number filled out for all of the columns! Nothing will change other than the fact that iMessage will sync all messages from iPhone, under regular apple ID.

After you do that ^ CLOSE iMessage on your Mac, then reopen.

Let me know if this works for you, or if you need more assistance - skodaman08@gmail.com
Best of luck,
Taylor Skoda~

Okay, I don't know how, but that little edit made all the difference! All 3 devices get iMessages now, all synched up. Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.