Resolved iMovie 11 Constantly crashing lately

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by N19h7m4r3, Sep 20, 2013.

1. N19h7m4r3, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013

macrumors 65816

Dec 15, 2012
    iMovie has suddenly started crashing constantly. I crashing if I click on an Event, Project, try to drag something, or export. In fact even if I don't click anything it'll crash after a few seconds - a minute now.

My machine specs are my signature, iMovie is up to date, and I'm running OS X 10.8.5. Up until recently I never had any issues.

I've deleted the cache files, rebuilt iPhoto databses, deleted the iMovie Caches, all to no avail. I've been sending out constant reports to Apple and it's all driving me a bit mad lately.

Here's my latest error log.

If you require I can post the rest of the error log.
  2. thread starter macrumors 65816

Dec 15, 2012
    Also when iMovie decides to work it's extremely slow. a 7 minute 1080p video is taking over 45-50 minutes, and barely using my system resources.

With Screenflow I'm exporting a lossless 90GB 32 minute file, and it takes 18 minutes.
  3. macrumors 6502a

Sep 4, 2009
    O.K I'm no expert but I can see you got a Graphics Kernel Error. Have you updated to Mountain Lion?
  4. thread starter macrumors 65816

Dec 15, 2012
    I'm running 10.8.5, and the latest Nvidia drivers for my card.

I cleared my cache with OnyX, reverted from the NVIDA to OS X drivers, and did a PRAM reset.

I'm using a GTX 660. So far it seems to have worked, I managed to export 1 vid. Although it was 7 minutes long, but took over an Hour to do.

I'm not sure if it's fixed just yet, I usually get 1 export before things go topsy again.