iMovie "11 Export problems

Discussion in 'OS X' started by sammy0025, Jan 14, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi guys, this is my first time using iMovie, and I'm kinda excited about it. However, just as I tried to export a 720p clip which only lasts for under 5 minutes, it either says error -108 or error -50. I tried all the resolutions, and only the mobile (least) resolution worked. I found out that the remaining RAM started plummeting when I hit the export button. I have a brand new MacBook Pro 13" and about 400GB of free HDD space, no other applications were running at that point of time. I tried cleaning caches, resetting iPhoto cache, deleting iMovie cache file, clean rebooting, repaired permissions and HDD, nothing worked. What just happened? Does it mean I need a new RAM upgrade??? My model identifier is a Macbook Pro 8,1. And the system have about 2.51GB of RAM free. (No other applications were running) Now what to do??? :confused: I certainly do not want to reinstall the system, but at least I have a rather up-to-date backup. Was it because of the RAM free space???

2. macrumors member

AntJon82

8-16 gig needed for iMovie or FCPX

U NEED MORE RAM I GOT PUT 8 GIG OF IN MY MACBOOK PRO 8,1 BUT SEEM DAT iMovie is started to be like FCPX im waiting and saving to get a 16 gig mem kit once i do that i i will have the power to make any vid over 10mins as long as the file is 900 mb or lower lol for youtube and what file type did you export it too??;)

3. macrumors 68030

Dave Braine

4. macrumors member

AntJon82

im not doin all that bro i just need simple settings i can save and what the best file exporting format too use

5. macrumors 68030

Dave Braine

YouTube's limit is 2Gb and 15 minutes.