iMovie 3.0 - What's coming

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tcmcam, Aug 28, 2002.

1. tcmcam macrumors member

Any idea what/when iMovie 3.0 will be out? Any rumors on the feature set, enhancements?

What about iDVD 3 ??

The current apps are fine, but I'd like to see a few minor enhancements (like iDVD supporting basic chapter points).

2. Sratner macrumors newbie

sorry but off topic

Anyone know how I can be activated to post im the discussions forum....

I am curious if when ISYNC comes out you will still have to half Palm desktop installed on the computer... i am trying to avoid installing it and wait for ISYNC... but if it is gonna still be required i will install now...

again sorry about the random post..

3. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

i've been wondering about the release of imovie3 myself. i heard news of it several months ago on several rumor sites, but not a peep since. i'm assuming that it will offer integrated .mac services (which do me no good) but i'm hoping that it also offers more speed, beter sound editing, and 2channel video.

4. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Re: sorry but off topic

The larger post history you have the more privileges you will have with this site. I think once you reach 20 posts you can start your own threads.

5. Sratner macrumors newbie

thanks for not giving me slack

got ya... i wll post more..

6. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I hope in iMovie 3 they make an easy way to import songs from iTunes, also they should add some more transitions and increase compatibility.
    Its a great program and I can't wait to get the next version!!

7. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

great improvements to the altivec code delivering real time rendering.

thats is the gist of the rumors i read about 2 weeks ago on various sites. not much else was said in these rumors other than imovie 3 being do sooner rather than later and it being for osx only (seems all the iapps are going that way with the next phase of revisions). i forget who ahd the main story that the other sites copied. it seemed legit. i wouldnt be surprised if MW Paris unveiled imovie3. Considering apple and mw an imovie 3 announcement could be the major and only announcement made... but we'll see.

8. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

imovie 3

Could be ehanced in a number of ways.

1. Faster speed...everyone will love that.

2. Better Titling

3. Better Audio..iMovie 3 should tap into Core Audio

4. Midi Support...again Core Midi

5. Widescreen option ...cheesy but fun.

6. MPEG4 with .mac features for easy streaming.

I think we'll like it when it comes.

9. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

they should put the zoom and pan features that virtex has. it's a great way to do slideshows

10. MDiddy macrumors regular

MDiddy

My wishlist would be:

• 2 Channel Video with the ability to do some basic compsiting of clips (maybe bluescreening)

• Finer optimization with support for MPEG-4, which would probably include an easy-to-use streaming solution for .Mac users (Me!)

• iMovie is the OLDEST iApp by a long margin..it's time. I think Paris will see iMovie 3, and new portables. (iBook 13" & 800-900Mhz G3) and GHz PowerBooks with Bluetooth & AirPort standard

11. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

12. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

by oldest i beleive he means the one that has gone the longest without an update.

13. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

Re: imovie 3

it's not cheesy for those who want to make more film type movies. which of course is not likely to be imovie users... but yeah, it's a good option for sure

and i like the pan and zoom idea.... is there an app that does that currently and can save out as a movie file?

14. MDiddy macrumors regular

MDiddy

Actually iMovie is older than iTunes...overall as well. iMovie was the first iApp introduced if I remeber correctly. but its has been a loong time since its been really updated.

15. davidc2182 macrumors regular

yeppers

i movie is for sure the oldest iapp definitely not itunes which just came out with its version 3.0!

16. MacUser1 macrumors 6502

MacUser1

iMovie 3

i think that we will definitely see .mac integration with the app. I also wouldn't mind seeing a widescreen format option.

17. rice_web macrumors 6502a

rice_web

A little off-topic, but just like iMovie 2 opened the path for 3rd party plug-ins, I suspect that iDVD and iPhoto will follow suit.

18. bidge macrumors 6502