iMovie 3 - How do you change save locations?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by RobCanuck01, Feb 21, 2003.

1. RobCanuck01 macrumors newbie

:confused:
    I am a recent upgrader to OSX (Jaguar).
    My initial feelings are mixed.

My main HD is now bloated with two OS, and iMovie 3 won't save to my secondary (and larger) HD.

If I cannot change where my working projects are saved (as I can in iMovie2), then iMovie 3, for me, is unusable.

Any clues on how to save iMovie3 projects on a second drive?

P.S.- the OS wouldn't allow me to load the iMovie app. to my secondary drive either.

Rob
    :(

2. yzedf macrumors 65816

yzedf

Two easy options:

1. Downgrade to iMovie 2.

2. Use command line to move files/directories to where you want.

3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

that's really pathetic. i can't believe they don't let you change it.

i think i have a technique that will work for you. my question: does it automatically save to the Movies folder in your home directory? if so, move that folder to your second HD, make an alias of it, and put the alias back in Home. make sure it's named Movies.

i'm with you on this one, this is really crappy of apple...

pnw

4. buseman macrumors regular

When you start a new project it asks where to place the project. If you want to continue with an old one, why not just move it from your home folder to the other drive?

5. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

I'm using iMovie 3, and I have absoluetly no problems saving movies to my FireWire HD. iMovie 3 is loaded onto my iBook's internal hard drive, and when I open iMovie 3, the dialogue box opens up. I select create new project, click the down arrow next to the folder name, scroll over to the left where it diaplays the hard drives, select my FireWire drive, and my movie is saved.

You mentioned that you just ugraded to OS X. I don't think your problem is with iMovie, it's that I don't think you've mastered navigating around OS X.

6. RobCanuck01 thread starter macrumors newbie