iMovie Add ons?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by psychspirit, Mar 21, 2007.

1. psychspirit macrumors member

Hi, I've been using iMovie for a long while now but after seeing the effects that PC users have been using like the fast forward effect, and colourization, I wondering what I'm missing in iMovie? Is there any add-ons for iMovie? I really want the fast forward effect.

Also, why can't I cut an audio clip in iMovie?

Ugh, what are other iMovie users doing about this? :mad:

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I'd look to know as well, although I'm pretty sure audio clipping is supposed be done in Garageband. Although, I haven't used iMovie much and can't remember how the audio portion works that much.

3. andrewheard macrumors regular

There is a video effect in iMovie called Fast/Slow/Reverse.

4. whitetrashanth macrumors member

you dont happen to have family in england by any chance??

you have the very same surname as me, and the exact name as my father

and we have family in canada

5. andrewheard macrumors regular

I think my family came from England a while back but I don't know of any current family in England. I'll have to ask my grandpa, he's more into that stuff.

6. psychspirit thread starter macrumors member

I thought there was only Reverse. There's a fast and slow tooo?? Where? :eek:

7. andrewheard macrumors regular

I'll take a screenshot of it once I get home. You are using iMovie 6 right?

8. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

I have edited audio clips in iMovie a lot of times, straight out of the box.

9. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

You can cut audio clips and you have the fast forward feature, I used them both before. Just look for it, can't take a screen shot at the moment.

10. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

It's in the "Editing" tab under the "VideoFX" section.. scroll down and you'll see it..

You can also edit audio in iMovie as well..

11. diamond3 macrumors 6502a

All those things you listed are standard on the newest version of iMovie. However, to mention add-ons, Gee Three has a lot of great ones. Just make sure you go through it and get the one you can use a lot of the features. But maybe before you do anything like that, post what you want to do again in the future. That way if it is like this time, you won't buy something when you dont need to. You can check them out here. It's always nice to have a lot of transitions etc.

http://www.geethree.com/index.html

12. psychspirit thread starter macrumors member

alright, thanks guys. I finally realize the controls there. I can't believe I never saw it. *smacks own head* I'm actually on iMovie 4.

However, when I try to cut an audio (ex: cut half), the length of it is still the same except filled with black frames. Anyone experience this?