Imovie and FCP ques?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Espnetboy3, May 27, 2004.

1. Espnetboy3 macrumors 6502

Feb 1, 2003
    Im a bit of a noob at this but have about 2 minutes of footage i edited in Imovie , to save it as one file i went to share save for cd or whatever that option is and it saved. The 2 minutes of footage is like 300mb is there anyway to compress this. my friend said use fcp to compress the file that or compressor which came with it . Not sure which type to compress to mpeg4 mpeg 2 (whats the difference) also in compressor what does all the 120min 90 and 60 min things mean. Once again any help would be greatly apreciated thanks.
  2. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

Sep 23, 2003
    London, England
    mpeg2 is for dvd & mpeg4 is for web/quicktime use. The mpeg2 settings with the time on them (60 90 120) relate to the duration of your movie against quality & processing time. on a 4gb DVD you can get 120min max but if your video is less than 60min/90min you can encode it at a higher quality.

I use mpeg4 for videos on the web, i get about 4mb per min of video at a good quality. You could also consider mpeg1, I use this a lot when i have to send video clips to clients who are on pc & dont have quicktime installed. you will need either cleaner 6 or movie2mpeg