iMovie and Two Different Clips = cry

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by bobber205, Feb 24, 2007.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Good gosh.

I have a clip where I had extracted the audio (took like 2 seconds) and I moved it to the bottom. Then I took some of that clip out and tried to replace several seconds in there with a clip from another video in the same project.

I extracted the audio and deleted it, so that the audio would be from clip one.'

Still with me? Lol. :D

Now when I try to play my movie as a whole, it plays like the first frame when it reaches the second clip, then NOTHING.. when it finally reaches the starting point of where the orig. left off, it plays again. The whole time the audio is fine.

What is going on?!

2. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

Well, im not sure i exactly understand you, but Try taking the two clips into garage band, and making them one (Just haveboth prorams open and drag it across) than bring it back to imovie, should work fine.

good luck. :)

3. bobber205 thread starter macrumors 68020

bobber205

Garageband does video?!

Not audio... I just wish I knew what to save my videos as. Even when I'm missing in the "inserted clip" iMovie is like molasses to respond. On the regular video it's fine.

What's the ideal settings to convert all my videos to? I'm stumped.

4. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

Oops, im misunderstood what you posted, like i was sure i would. Sorry. :eek:

Ok, so, If i get what you mean you have one video clip, and two audio clips, one audio clip plays during the movie while the other is muted. During this time where the one is playing you get no video after you exported it from iMovie?

Sorry, :eek:

5. bobber205 thread starter macrumors 68020

bobber205

I have a music video. I extracted the audio and moved it down to the bottom.

I put in a clip of another movie in the middle of the music video. I extracted that audio and then deleted it. :)

Now when it's playing and is about to enter this new "clip" it craps out, only sometimes showing the first frame, usually waiting until it's supposed to be done, then it goes right back to the music video again.

The whole time the audio is fine.

If I knew of a site that was good for teaching complete newbs about FCP I could use that... ;)

(Side note: I was "rendering" one minute of video and after an hour is was only at 85%. -- this was in FCP.)

6. Super8Guy macrumors newbie