Imovie Burn

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by imacintel, Apr 12, 2006.

1. imacintel macrumors 68000

I bought an intel iMac and am using iMove(latest version).I am out of DVD Rs and need a way to make my iMovie on to a CD-R and play it in a DVD player.
    Help!

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

How big is the file? If you export your finished product from iMovie, you should be able to choose a variety of compression levels. To be able to play it in a DVD player is another matter entirely. I'm assuming you mean a standalone, home-theater type DVD player, and not attached to a computer. I'm not sure if DVD players can decode Quicktime, I'm going to guess not.

I suppose you could send your iMovie file to iDVD, then export to a disc image on your hard drive. Then use something like Handbrake to encode the TS_Video file to something smaller that would fit onto a CD-R, but preserve the DVD compatibility.

As far as I know, this isn't an easy task. Maybe someone else who does this regularly will stop by this thread.

Cheers.

3. imacintel thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks. I could probably follow those steps:)

4. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Toast can burn VCD's. You're looking to make what's called a VCR or SVCD, maybe that'll help you find a program that does it.

5. imacintel thread starter macrumors 68000

I don't yuse toast because of $$. I just downloaded the demo of iVCD