iMovie continually shuts down! (continued from prev. iMovie thread...)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by diehldun, Aug 22, 2004.

1. diehldun macrumors 6502a

It's been relatively smooth-sailing since I used iMovie importing through a non FileVault-secured account.

However, now, I have a new problem. i don't know if it's either something I'm doing or a software bug. every so often, when iMovie feels like it, it will stutter while importing from my video camera, and then just shut down all together.

why it does that I do not know, but it's becoming a nuiscance and I'd like to know what's causing that.

and i thought Mac's were supposed to be easy stuff... :p

2. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

Something is wrong. Most likely it's something you're doing (not to be mean, but strange problems usually end up being user error). What version of iMovie are you using and what kind of camera do you have. How much free space is there on your drive? What other apps are open while you're importing your movie? How much RAM do you have and what kind of Mac?

Check the support forums at apple.com. There might be a known issue with your camera.

If everything else fails, do the standard voodoo: Repair your permissions and trash your iMovie preferences.