iMovie crash problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by donhavoc, Jan 23, 2007.

1. donhavoc macrumors newbie

Jan 3, 2007
    I am trying to import a quicktime video into iMovie HD... Everytime that I try to import the video, iMovie crashes after about 10 minutes of importing. Any ideas why this is happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. donhavoc thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 3, 2007
    maybe more information will find help...

So, I have a Quicktime video which plays fine in Quicktime. Both the audio and video play correctly. I want to edit the movie so I tried importing it into iMovie HD... every time I try importing the Quicktime video, iMovie crashes. I have no idea why it keeps crashing, I have the latest updates for both Quicktime and iMovie. I have also tried importing the Quickitime video into Digidesign Pro Tools. In this case, the video imported just fine, but the audio cannot be accessed. I am very confused and frustrated with this roadblock I have hit. Please help if you have any insight.
  3. KriRenNel macrumors newbie

Nov 20, 2008
    I'm having the same problem

I am trying to get a quicktime movie into imovie, and it crashes every single time I try. It is a movie clip taken in photobooth and I would like to put it into imovie to add sound and things. I just reinstalled he latest version of imovie, although I'm sure I was up to date anyway. I am getting incredibly frustrated. After I hit import, it will act like it is going to import the movie, but then stops suddenly and I have to restart the program. Other movies go in just fine, but not this one. Does anyone know why this is happening, or how I can make this work? I want to throw my MacBook out of the window, and go back to a PC! Any help would be greatly appreciated. It doesn't seem like it should be this hard, drag or import the movie into imove, edit, play and have fun.