iMovie export conflict...

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by King Cobra, Apr 10, 2002.

1. King Cobra macrumors 603

All right. I have iMovie 2.1.1 and I am trying to export audio files I have uploaded into the application.

The problem is now, whenever I export ANY audio files iMovie suddenly quits on me and there is no successful export.

It doesn't matter what mp3 I load in, iMovie quits on export. I have been using the same settings for months and this has never happened. I tried restarting the computer multiple times and nothing is working.

Why is this happening, and how can this be fixed?

In the time it takes to read this message, an Apple computer will already have performed 15 billion float-point operations more than a consumer PC.

2. kishba macrumors 6502a

kishba

have you tried deleting the app and/or the pref in your personal library folder? you can then just reinstall it from the apple mac os x site (or so i think)

i hope this helps!

3. King Cobra thread starter macrumors 603

iMovie now works.

I appreciate the help, kishba.

What I did was simply delete the iMovie preferences under users/(username)/Preferences/ . I did not need to reinstall the application.

Just one question: Why would the preferences be the source of problems in certain applications, such as iMovie?

Wierd...

In the time it takes to read this message, an Apple computer will already have performed 15 billion float-point operations more than a consumer PC.

4. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Often times the Prefs file can become damaged/corrupt and mess up the actual functioning of the app...it's a nice way to quickly refresh your settings to the factory defaults as well.

5. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

how does one get flash flicks onto imovie or final cutt pro?