Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ibookin'

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
I am wondering what the best format for an iMovie export is. I need to export a photo montage to a CD-ROM format. I have looked at the "CD-ROM" option in the Export dialog, but I'm just not sure this is the best way. If it helps, I do have Media Cleaner 5 on hand.

Also, my "Centered Title" titles do not look centered to me. Is there any particular reason for this?

Thanks.

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
If you have QT pro, export as a QT movie using the Sorenson 3 codec, if not, export as an iMovie (DV stream) and then run it through Cleaner using the Sorenson codec, it's a good trade off between file size and picture quality.

have I understood your question OK?

ibookin'

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Originally posted by WinterMute
If you have QT pro, export as a QT movie using the Sorenson 3 codec, if not, export as an iMovie (DV stream) and then run it through Cleaner using the Sorenson codec, it's a good trade off between file size and picture quality.

have I understood your question OK?

Yes you have. I have both QT Pro and Cleaner, so I'll try this. Thank you very much.

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
I know the rendering of mpeg2 files under QT isn't as good as Cleaner 6, I don't know if this is true accross the board for all the codecs, try 'em both and see if there's a difference.

QT is the easy option, Cleaner is slower and more work, but is a dedicated product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.