iMovie export troubles (error 50)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thejadedmonkey, Aug 5, 2006.

1. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

May 28, 2005
    iMovie HD (5.0.2) hates me. At least, that's what it told me last night. I took some footage of my friend dancing like a freak with my digital camera, threw it into iMovie, and about an hour later I had a nice 6 and a half minutes of very embarrising footage . My intentions are to post it onto youtube or a simmilar site, but I can't seem to get it out of iMovie.

Whenever I hit export, it tells me to make sure I have permission to write to the disk, and to make sure I have enough space (error 50). I tried repairing permissions, restarting, and save as (in case there was an issue with the file permissions that didn't get fixed) (all in that order) and nothing worked. I know I have enough space on my drive, so that's not it. I don't really know what else could cause it.

Any ideas, anyone?
  2. tomdotcom88 macrumors newbie

Aug 22, 2006
    I am having this problem too with Imovie for my new macbook. When i try to share it compresses for awhile then errors out with -50 disk write permissions or full disk or some ********...i removed all the music and sound clips and it seemed to work then? maybe one of the songs or clips is protected or someshit..any way to tell?? i spent a good 6 hrs editing my movie in imovie now i cant even get it out of imovie to share with friends :(
  3. VincenZzo macrumors newbie

Dec 27, 2006
    You get this problem if you use mp3 sometimes... you can take these mp3 tunes and convert them as "aiff", then import them back in your iMovie project, you should be fine when exporting your project from iMovie after!