iMovie HD 00 N00B needs help...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by miTunes75, Aug 16, 2006.

1. miTunes75 macrumors 6502

Ok....

I have four song clips of a concert in .mov format. I want to merge them together seamlessly and make a dvd out if it. Can this be done with iMovie? I tried to drag and drop the first file, but it said that it could not be added ... unknown error.

Is there another way to do this? Or, can it be done at all?

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I've done it with several clips but it's been a while.

Once you create a project, try the import option. It should be the same as drag-and-drop but perhaps there is a difference. Also, if you have a Windows Media file encapsulated in a .mov file, you may have to convert it first using QuickTime.

3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

It's my understanding that iMovie can only handle .dv and .mp4 as input files. You'll likely need to convert your .mov file to one of these formats. Look on versiontracker for an appropriate application.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Your understanding would be incorrect. iMovie can handle virtually any Quicktime-compatible format.

5. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Thank you very much for the correction :)

I guess I was thinking about importing options from cameras, and I think those are the only two (common) standards that iMovie understands. I've only used it with those two, at any rate (from my dv cam and one from a p-s digital camera).