iMovie HD 6.0.3 blank playback screen

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jarbabyj, Mar 29, 2007.

1. jarbabyj macrumors newbie

I'm working with imovie HD 6.0.3 on a MacBook. I've been working with it for about six months without a hitch, successfully importing movies from a DV camera and exporting them to iDVD.

Yesterday, I opened a project in progress and while all of the clips showed up, the audio tracks showed up, there was no audio and the playback screen was white. The marker moved across the screen as if the clip was playing, but no audio or video.

When I exported that project to iDvd it played fine. But when I try to import new clips into iMovie, the whole program crashes.

Yesterday my MacBook did a Software Update, but to the best of my knowledge, none of the software that was updated even applied to iMovie in any way. Ideas? I'd be happy to give any other details that I can.

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

I'm gonna go with my standard actions, which tends to fix any weird quirks, and which you may have already tried.

1. Repair Permissions
    2. If able, repair Disk
    3. reboot (usually only if it's been on for over a month, and I've been running a lot of cpu heavy programs, and been adding/deleting alot of content, particularly apps).

Wish I could give you more,

Brian