iMovie HD Info Bar?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Argon4k, Dec 25, 2005.

1. Argon4k macrumors member

Oct 22, 2005
    Is there a way to add an info bar in iMovie HD? I have some video that I took and at the bottom of the frame(s) I would like to be able to add an info bar to.

When you watch the news or a documentary or something and someone is interviewed, they always show a little bar at the bottom of the screen that has their name and sometimes where they are from or what they do. That is what I mean by an info bar. I apologize for not knowing the proper term. Thanks for any help you can provide.
  2. ITASOR macrumors 601

Mar 20, 2005
    Oneida, NY
    I think what you're looking for would be to:

Apply the "Music Video" title over the length of your clip. This will put the person's name (or whatever text you specify) in the bottom left if I'm not mistaken. Another title preset (besides Music Video) might better fit your needs. Check them all out. Remember to uncheck "Over Black" so that it goes over your entire clip rather than over a black background.
  3. Argon4k thread starter macrumors member

Oct 22, 2005
    Thanks, that's a lot closer to what I wanted. I didn't even see the "Over black" option. Is iMovie capable of something more fancy, such as an actual colored bar across the bottom for a certain length or would I need to use something like Final Cut Pro to achieve this?
  4. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    You can use the Subtitle Stripe Title to get a single coloured bar on the screen with text. Incidentally, you can also change the colour of the text.
  5. Argon4k thread starter macrumors member

Oct 22, 2005
    That's pretty much what I was looking for, thanks! :)