iMovie HD woes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by akadmon, Dec 2, 2006.

1. akadmon macrumors 68010

I've just started out playing with iMovie and so far I hate it!

I'm working on a project using photos imported from iPhoto. Here is a short list of problems I've run into:

1. Although things worked properly at first, now when I click on Media/Photos/Show Photo Settings all I see is a black screen with a slider indicating the progress of the animation, i.e., I cannot set the start/end location & zoom level.
    2. Duplicate instances of the same clips (i.e., pictures) start appearing at random, even though I know I did not inserted them. These duplicate clips become visible in the timeline only after I delete a cross dissolve transition.
    3. After deleting one of these transitions, I now cannot reinsert another one. I'm getting an error An unknown error occurred..etc. Very fn informative!

I'm at a point where I'm ready to restart the whole project from scratch, after having wasted the better part of the day working on it already. This is very very very disappointing. I bought a Mac because I expected to get a product that is more stable. Instead I'm getting THIS CRAP! :(

2. akadmon thread starter macrumors 68010