iMovie help: How to copy audio from left speaker to right one?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ImNoSuperMan, Nov 8, 2006.

1. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

Dec 1, 2005
    I am using a firewire DV camera to record TV shows. Now for some reason one of the tapes I transferred to iMovie has an audio problem. I can only hear the left speaker playing. The right one too is playing but it`s almost inaudible(I checked using earphones). I am facing this problem on only one recording. Rest of the recordings are good and give me stereo sound.

Now all I want to do is copy the audio playing in the left speaker and paste it in the right speaker output while discarding the earlier inaudible one. I tried "iMovie help" and searched the forums but couldnt find a way. I know this is not impossible. There must be some way. It`ll be really great if some one can tell me the way to do it.

BTW I m using iMovie 6.0.3(267.2) on a MacBook.
  2. danhig123 macrumors member

Sep 1, 2006
    Hmmm I dont use iMovie, but have you tried simply panning both tracks centrally? I am not sure how the program deals with stereo content so I cannot promise that will work.

Alternativly have you tried seperating the stereo file within the program. You could possibly drag the stereo track onto two mono tracks then control the level and pan information on these tracks independantly.

Hope that helps,